EW has a function to create database backups. These backups are created on the EW server and can be restored at a future time.
To restore an EW backup please follow the following steps:
- Make sure nobody is working in EW anywhere in your clinic
- copy your new backup file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.50.EARWORKS\MSSQL\Backup
- download www.ear-works.com/dl/ew4_backuptool.zip
- expand the archive in a folder, we recommend it to be called C:\ewbackups
- run the EW4BackupTool.exe
- click Connect
- browse to the backup file
- enter the ewsa password in the password field (this is the password of the 'ewsa' user in EW). If you have no password for ewsa then leave this field blank.
- click Restore