If that's not an option then the following method can be used:
- Before proceeding it's best if all users have closed their Ear Works program
- Open the Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services (or Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services under Windows XP).
- in the list of services look for "SQL Server (EARWORKS)" or similar. Note: if you've installed the EW server with a different instance name than the default, then the service name in this list will show that instance name.
- Right-click the service name and choose "Restart"
- Wait until the restart is done and try opening Ear Works again at any workstation